Pages

Thursday, April 5

Life's been crazy

Oh how busy life has been. *sigh* I feel like I have a minute to actually sit and take a break. It's not true though, I don't actually have time to site, take a break, or write. But I'm going to because I NEED a break. I'm so stressed out, I talked to an adviser at school yesterday and I found out that there are some classes missing from my degree plan. Ugh. The adviser I talked to last year gave me a list of classes blah blah blah but it looks like I'm missing what seems like half of them. I was so frustrated. SO the counselor I talked to yesterday put me back on the right track and she was really helpful. I also called the University that I'm transferring to make sure that I'm on the right track. I am. Yay. I'm also more behind than I thought I was. And that's OKAY. So here's to me saying everything happens for a reason and this was meant to be. *clink* (That was green tea by the way, I'm still on a diet so no wine for me. ~_^ )

How's my diet and exercise program going you ask? Very well thank you. I've lost 21 pounds in 41 days -hold your applause please, you're making me blush- it's so exciting. I've been going to the gym 4 days a week, my husband has been pushing me pretty hard. I've missed a day or two but he never does. We have had midnight gym sessions. Early morning sessions. And everything in between. I should really post a picture of my guns. My biceps are ridiculously hard. It's the end of the third week and I'm already seeing results. Nice. I haven't seen any muscle growth, which it fine with me, but my arms are smaller and my shoulder are rounder. I already feel sexier. I'm also in dire need of some new pants. I only have one pair of jeans and they are starting to fall off but I'm gonna wait until I can't keep when up anymore before I buy new ones. I have enough dresses and leggings that it can wait.

Although the beautiful Jennifer Nicole Lee is still my fitspiration, I decided to go with a different workout. I wanted to do the same workout as my husband so that we could go to the gym together, spot each other, and push one another. It's working because one night he made me to the gym at 11:00 pm. We didn't get home until 1:00 am. We are there for sooo long. But it is so worth it. Kris Gethin's 12 week workout has been awesome so far. I would recommend it to anyone trying to tone up, gain muscle, and lose weight.

It is a myth that if women lift heavy they will look this


Although Lenda Murray is beautiful and obviously very dedicated, she did NOT get this way just by lifting heavy. She took supplements, more protein than you could imagine, and she was probably taking testosterone injections. Because that's the secret. Women do not naturally have enough testosterone in their bodies to build this much muscle, I don't care how many supplements and protein shakes they have a day. It's impossible. Really. Plus, she probably less than 10% body fat, which means that she isn't even having her period. Gross, right? Healthy body fat percentage for women is between 21%-33% The essential body fat percentage it between 8%-12%, which means you need at lease that much to have kids and protect your internal organs, less that that is dangerous and even that percentage is too low, it would probably fall in the "underweight" category.

Rambling aside ladies, don't be afraid to lift heavy! Lifting heavy is good for you. It promotes strong bones, you'll look awesome, and don't forget, resting muscle burns much more calories than resting fat. What does that mean? If you are trying to maintain your weight, you can actually eat more and still stay the same. If you are losing, it means that if you mess up and have a candy bar one night because you were really stressed about your Chemistry test you might still weigh half a pound less in the morning, I know I did. Working out means being about to eat things I know I shouldn't a little more often.

I'm on my way to the gym.

2 comments:

  1. DAMN GIRL!! LOOK AT YOU!!! So incredibly proud of you, especially for those late night workouts, idk how you do it... The first few weeks are the hardest but once you start seeing results it's cake from there. Keep up the hard work, can't wait to see you sessy thanggg. MUAH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words love. Now that I've almost lost 25 pounds it's like there's no stopping me. Next time you see me I'll be even more sessy than I am now. ^_~

    ReplyDelete