Pages

Tuesday, April 17

Haterz gonna hate.

Actually, haterz need to stop.

Overweight women have always been self conscious about their weight, how they look, how others see them, and what gossipy women say when they aren't around. There's always a doubt in your mind that even your friends might be talking about why you're fat. Are you lazy? Gross? A pig? Have no self control? It could be genetic, it could be disease, or it could be a combination of all of these things, plus and unhealthy relationship with food. 

So, fat women have been called to stand up! And love their bodies. Embrace themselves the way they are, truly love themselves. This is a good thing right?

In a way, yes, because women should love themselves. Men should, too. (This isn't just about women, it just seems like women are the most vocal about it.)

So, people around the nations keep talking about how we should support fat/overweight people and help them love themselve. We should stop hating. Where does everyone else come into play? Should we hate on skinnys?

Is this what this should be striving to look like? I hope not!

Anorexia is not the answer.



Neither is this.

 Balance.

I always see articles talking about "real women" like skinny women are fake? All three women in this picture are beautiful, the one on the right is not more beautiful because she isn't skinny. She isn't boycotting skinny, she just is the way she is, and I'm sure the other two are too. We need to stop hating on skinny girls. Some are not skinny by choice. I had a friend that could eat twice as much food as me in a day; I would gain half a pound the next day and she would stay the same. Does that make her fake? Or any less real than me? No. She is real, too. So am I and so is that size 12.

So, ladies and gentlemen, please stop the hate. Remember that everyone is beautiful in his or her own way. Love yourself. Love your body. Love your friends. Respect yourself.

I'm not saying that if you are morbidly obese or extremely underweight you should just throw your hands in the air and say, "Well, this is me. Take it or leave it!" You should always strive to be a better you at everything you do, loving yourself in the process.

At first, it was very hard for me to understand how I could love myself unconditionally and still want to change. If I love myself, then I wouldn't want to change myself, right? Not necessarily. I decided that I can do both when I decide why I want to lose weight. I never wanted to lose weight before this year, but I weighed a lot less and I was a lot healthier. I realized that the main reason I wanted to lose weight is so that I could have a normal pregnancy, and also so that I wouldn't cringe when I saw myself in pictures. I'm back at a weight that I don't hate, I still have close to 100 pounds to lose but I love myself this way. And I'll love myself tomorrow when I go to the gym, and the next day when the scale moves down another pound. The love will still be there, but it wont grow as I lose weight. I wont be happier, except maybe in a superficial way, because I'll be able to buy cute clothes and maybe even borrow something out of my friends closet.

It may seem trivial... I have never borrowed clothes from my friends, I want that experience.

But mostly I want to be healthy. If I am healthy 30 pounds over weight, that's ok. 5 pounds under? That's ok, too.

Give yourself a good look in the mirror and tell yourself how much you love you. Then continue to improve yourself, loving yourself as you go.

Spread the love guys. For skinny & fat, for anorexic & obese; spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment