Pages

Monday, April 16

Things go from bad to worse... and then to AWESOME

Before I talk about my awesome weekend I want to give a shout out to my number one fan, The Beautiful Jasmin. She always has words of encouragement and sometimes it's nice to know that someone is listing, even if that person is thousands of miles away. So I just wanted to say thanks Hot Stuff for reminding me that I'm only human and to keep my chin up. ^_^

I had a week. I had a strange week that it. I fell into a funk, a funk that I have not smelled in recent years, that left me lying on the couch all day Thursday until my Mother came home to pry me off of it. I didn't go to the gym at all this week, Thursday included, and I know that my husband could see it in my eyes that I was in no mood for him to push me, because I had checked out. My mom and I had plans to go to Karaoke that night and I tried to back out at the last minute, but she forced me to go. My husband had gone to the gym, with little pleading for me to join him because he knew any effort would be futile, and my mom knew better that to leave me home alone. So I gave in, I figured my dad would buy me a drink and everything would be grand.

It wasn't regular karaoke at our local bar, it was a karaoke contest held at bowling places across the nation. My mom begged me to sing and they had my song (one of many that I sing on a regular basis) so I got in the contest. Pfffft. I wasn't singing to win but I still gave my all because I love to sing. About twelve contestants sang that night, my mom and co-worker included. I thought of course my mom will win, she's awesome!  They announced that they would be calling the winners, in no particular order, and this winners would go on to the semifinals. The first name she called was mine. WHAT! I looked around the room, waiting to see another Sasha walk up and I walked over to the stage, overwhelmed and blushing, I'm sure. I was freaking out on the inside but I totally kept my cool. She called four other peoples names and on May 9th they will have us battle to see who will go on to the semifinals, I'm not sure how many they will pick but this is so cool. Like little kid in a candy shop for the first time cool.

Woah.

So I got a $5 card for playing games for participating and $25 card (good for anything but alcohol, dammit) for #winning and it was sweet. I can't wait to bowl. lol. Anyway, my mom did not win. If you have ever heard her sing you know that she is awesome, I was just as surprised as you are. Her stupid co-worker did win though. Cool. She half assed congratulated me after I was like, "OMG YOU WON TOO THIS IS SO COOL CONGRATS!" Then she was like, yeah. Meh to you too bitch. Ugh. Enough of her. 

There is more to this awesome story. They lady that is running the contest also owns a theatre. She asked me to fucking perform. What, did I just cuss? Yeah I did, I was just freaking out a bit. She asked me to perform at the theatre, not sing karaoke, perform a song. No, three songs. Yep. I'm gonna be famous. 

Superstar!


I've been high all weekend. We went over to said karaoke lady's house Friday night to buy a cd, because she sells karaoke cds out of her house, and she had me go ahead and freaking sign up. Is this happening? Yes it is. So I'm going to be singing on May 19! It's $9 for adults, $7 for kids, if you would like to come let me know so that I can let you know the time and place. I would love to have all of your support. It's going to be awesome.

Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment