Pages

Monday, March 12

Oh my.

I've been so busy. Between throwing a baby shower, midterms, and a bridal shower I've been exhausted. Throwing a baby shower will take it out of you, let me tell ya. And so will midterms. And so will a bridal shower with 60 grown Persian woman (translation: a bunch of children trapped in the bodies of middle aged women, eh voy!)
Let me tell you about this stupid bridal shower. A dear friend of mine threw a shower for the beautiful wife-to-be of her friends' son. In the end the bride was happy and that was all that really mattered. but trying to get these women to be quiet for even 4 seconds was impossible. We played 2 games. The "don't say bride" game, which was actually the, "don't say bride, groom, or wedding in English or Farsi" game that I had to explain to everyone that walked in the door twice. And the "toilet paper wedding dress" game. Big mistake. Trying to get 6000 women to SHUT UP long enough for me to explain the game is HORRIBLE! By the end of the day, when I was trying to get everyone to help me decide a winner, I was starting to lose my voice and I'm sure everyone could here the distress in my voice even though I was trying to sound as sweet as possible. HORRIBLE!
We decided to never host a bridal shower for so many Iranian women again. Ever. Never. Again.
Anyway, my diet is going good. I'm still eating real food. My skin is so clear. I don't have a lot of blemishes to begin with but I do have oily skin and I feel like my skin is blotchy. I have red around my nose and mouth. My skin is less oily and less red. Yay. That makes me feel good. I lost another pound and a half too with is faaaaabulouuuus.
So now it's Spring Break, Nowrouz (Iranian New Year), I have a lot of home work and khoone takooni (literally: shaking the house, or as we say in America, Spring Cleaning) left to do before I go back to school on Monday the 19th.
Speaking of khoone takooni I need to stick my clothes in the dryer, finish my math homework, and maybe start organizing my closet.
Oh, you should also check out my new favorite blog, especially if you're Persian. Or a woman. Or alive. http://sexandfessenjoon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment